Why we do it
Roof Rejuv’s solution was created by Chris Nagle, who has a background in industrial chemistry, with a focus on organic solution development. In the 2000’s Chris was able to improve a dust suppression solution and greatly reduce its corrosive nature. After seeing this bio compound in action, he started to focus the majority of his time on organic plant-based solutions. As we say at Bio Rejuv; “Shingle Spraying = Earth Saving.”
Why it works and why a homeowner should do it
The formula is a plant-based product capable of increasing the life-span of asphalt shingles and stopping the aging process. The eco-friendly solution is sprayed directly onto roofs, which seals and rejuvenates the shingles. The sealant dries clear leaving your shingles the same color with a deeper tone. Most asphalt sealers tend to dry out material rather than rejuvenate it. This is where the Roof Rejuv product stands out among the rest. It targets the fine oils and maltenes in the asphalt and restores the flexibility and health of the shingle.
Technology and Validation
In order to validate the formula works in all environments Bio Rejuv, worked in conjunction with InterTek a third-party independent testing facility with a network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 46,000 people in more than 100 countries. InterTek delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for customers’ operations and supply chains.
InterTek was able to validate the process on old and new shingles. The testing results proved the Bio Rejuv, LLC. rejuvenates the flexibility and water permeation of the old shingles to those of newer shingles while also adding additional shingle strength during the impact testing, that would be a result from natural hail damage. Attached are the summary of the results of that study. A full report is available at any partners request.
Hail Damage Test
There were no failures of the Roof Rejuv treated new and old asphalt shingles.
Roof Rejuv has shown to decrease water infiltration/vapor through the used shingles by 97%.
There were no failures in the Roof Rejuv treated used asphalt shingles proving Roof Rejuv completely rejuvenated the shingles.
Treated asphalt shingles had 84% more aggregate retention over the untreated old shingle samples.
President & Founder
Entrepreneur with a history in biotechnology and green-tech investing. Tyler has extensive experience in healthcare consulting and the life science industry. Tyler is the primary investor in Roof Rejuv and Managing Partner of a national financial technology company.
Chelsea manages the day to day operations of Mihalko’s General Contracting and Mihalko’s Fire and Water Restoration. Roof Rejuv partnered with Mihalko’s in Central Pennsylvania to offer customers sustainable roofing treatments as part of a long term environmental solution. Chelsea understands the impact of construction waste in the building industry, which is what drove her to fully support Roof Rejuv and the science behind the solution.
Louis Mihalko III
Founder of Mihalko’s Contracting, Inc. One of Pennsylvania’s largest independent restoration companies. Lou has acquired over 1M sq. ft. of commercial real estate.
- Started in the industrial chemical industry in 1992.
- In 1994, Chris recognized the need to improve the chemical products.
- Through experimentation, he improved the effectiveness of a dust suppressant by 50%, through this he was able to reduce the corrosive nature of the mixture by approximately 25%.
- In 2013, Chris pivoted and ventured into organic and bio-based compounds.
- Developed several biobased formulations that have turned out to be very effective along with being environmentally friendly and sustainable. The products are dust suppressants for unpaved areas and products for the asphalt industry.
- In 2013, Chris consulted with a large dust suppressant company to develop a 100% plant-based dust suppressant.
- 2016, he was asked to improve a global industrial chemical company’s dust suppressant line through conversion; to a high percentage of biobased dust suppressants